Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish
Does anyone else here have an addiction to Goodreads quotes? Because I do. This is going to be the HARDEST thing, only picking 10. Well, let’s diver right in, shall we?
1. “You didn’t kill him. He would have killed you, but you didn’t kill him.” / “So? He was stupid. If I killed everyone who was stupid, I wouldn’t have time to sleep.” – Tamora Pierce, In the Hand of the Goddess
2. “Someday I must read this scholar Everyone. He seems to have written so much–all of it wrong.” – Tamora Pierce, Emperor Mage
3. “…at the time, King Herbert felt that to remain safe, the kingdom needed an effective intelligence force.” / “An intelligent force?” said Will. / “Not intelligent. Intelligence. Although it does help if your intelligence force was also intelligent.” ― John Flanagan, The Ruins of Gorlan
4. “Girl Scouts didn’t teach me what to do with emotionally unstable drunk boys.” – Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss
5. “Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?” / Jace said, “unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself.” / “At least,” she said, “you don’t have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland.” / “Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting.” – Cassandra Clare City of Bones
6. “Patience, grasshopper,” said Maia. “Good things come to those who wait.” / “I always thought that was ‘Good things come to those who do the wave,” said Simon. “No wonder I’ve been so confused all my life.” – Cassandra Clare, City of Glass
7. “It just seems like overkill when you already have a dagger and I have superpowerful magic at my disposal.” / “Superpowerful?” He stood up, a gold chain dangling from his fingers. “Let me remind you of two words, Mercer: Bad. Dog.” – Rachel Hawkins, Demonglass
8. “Names are just words. I know that. But learning that the last name I’d used all my life was fake… “So what should I call myself, then?” I asked. “Sophie Atherton? Sophie Brannick?” Both sounded weird and made me feel like I was wearing clothes that didn’t fit. Mom smiled and brushed my hair away from my face. “You can call yourself whatever you want.” / “Okay. Sophie Awesome Sparkle-Princess it is.” ― Rachel Hawkins, Spell Bound
9. “Just because something isn’t practical doesn’t mean it’s not worth creating. Sometimes beauty and real-life magic are enough.” – Stephanie Perkins, Lola and the Boy Next Door
10. “Good luck explaining to God that you used to spank one of his heavenly beings.” Mom gave a startled laugh. “Sophie!” / “What? You did. I hope you like hot weather, Mom, that’s all I’m saying.” – Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall
There are SO MANY MORE, but this is just a random pickings!
9 thoughts on “Top Ten Favorite Quotes From Books”
Awww, I love the Hex Hall quotes. And I really need to read some Tamora Pierce. I’d already been meaning to, but those quotes bumped it up on my list! Great picks, and thanks for stopping by!
Great quotes! I still haven’t read the Cassandra Clare books or the Hex Hall series, but I’m really eager to!
Thanks for stopping by my TTT!
Hahaha! I love your quotes!! I love me some Jace and Simon! 🙂
Teeheehee, I like whoever this Jace character is. 😛
I sent you the books! READ THEM! 😀
I love the City of Bones one, the Anna one, and all the Rachel Hawkins ones! I still need to read Demonglass! Thanks for stopping by my TTT 🙂
Great list! I love #10. I saw it on another list or two today, and it has made me chuckle every time.
It’s been too many years since I’ve read any of Tamora Pierce’s books… I must return to them.
I love your top10!! I love the quotes from the Hex Hall serie!! And I am obsessed too with quotes, and I freaking love it! 🙂 😉