Now, when I say I’m from New York, people tend to assume I’m from a place that looks a lot like this picture here.
This is not true.
I mean, there’s nothing wrong with New York City. They’ve got some great stuff going for them, such as:
* The 4,000 street vendors to choose from each day
* The largest mass transit system in the world, which covers 842 miles of track and runs through 468 stations.
* The lowest crime rate of the US’s 25 largest cities
* And, with Chinatown, the largest concentrated Chinese population in the Western hemisphere
(For more weird facts, click HERE!)
I’ve just never been there. Seriously. I live in New York and have never been to the city. I know that’s weird.
Instead, I live here, in the Adirondack Park, right in the middle of the little triangle made by Saranac Lake, Tupper Lake and Lake Placid. If you’ve heard of more than one of these, you’re one of the few. If you’ve heard of one of them, it’s probably Lake Placid, which hosted TWO different Winter Olympics, first in 1932 and again in 1980. If you’re a fan of hockey, then you might remember the 1980 Olympics as the Games when the Miracle happened. My family should know – my dad was there.
Some other facts about the Adirondacks:
* It is the size of Vermont.
* It is the largest protected area in the contiguous US.
* It contains 85% of all the wilderness in the eastern US.
(For more facts, see HERE!)
Bonus, personal fact!
* The lake I live on, Lake Clear, is where Albert Einstein used to summer. In the summer of 1941, Einstein capsized his boat and had to be rescued by one of the locals (whom my parents know). Thank goodness he did! 😉
(For more details, see HERE!)
Okay, yes, we’re done with the facts and moving onto the giveaway!
This giveaway is US only, simply because of it’s sheer size. I can’t exactly mail 8 books out of the country on the cheap, even if they are all paperbacks. 😉 That’s right! I’m giving away the first 8 books in the Young Wizards series by Diane Duane – some of my favorite books set in New York! (At least, originally. They go to Mars and a bunch of other places in the later books.) The Young Wizards had actually stopped at 8 books in 2005, but then she published 9 in 2011 and 10 is coming out in 2014. But anyways, here’s all the Goodreads info for these books!
And here’s the Rafflecopter!
Follow the rest of the Road Trip HERE!