From the Notebook videos are taking a break this week because I had to get my wisdom teeth out. Therefore, I’ve made a super crazy post for you guys!
If you’ve read My Life is a Notebook for any length of time, then you know that I don’t read widely. I like YA. I’m fine reading mostly YA. I do read other things but only when I really want to.
But as you may also know, I recently made a bookish resolution to do the Pop Sugar 2016 Reading Challenge with Michaela and … ooh boy. There are 40 categories on this list, and to save myself I’ve overlapped a few. Sorry. Reading is hard for me at school.
Below is my VERY TENTATIVE reading TBR for the challenge. I‘ve also made a bookshelf on Goodreads for it. Asterisks (*) mean books that me and Michaela will both be reading! Don’t miss Michaela’s own TBR for this challenge!
- A book based on a fairy tale
2. A National Book Award Winner
3. A book that’s more than 600 pages
4. A book you haven’t read since high school & a book sent in your home state*
5. A book translated into English*
6. A romance set in the future*
7. A book set in Europe
8. A book that’s under 150 pages & a book of poetry
9. A book that’s becoming a movie this year & a political memoir
10. A book recommended by someone you just met
11. A self-improvement book & a book written by a celebrity
12. A book at least 100 years older than me
13. A book from Oprah’s book club*
14. A science fiction novel & a classic from the 20th century
15. A book that’s published in 2016
16. A book and it’s prequel (multiple prequels, in my case)
17. A murder mystery
18. A book written by a comedian
19. An autobiography
20. A book about a road trip
21. A book about a culture that you’re unfamiliar with
22. A satirical book*
23. A book that takes place on an island*
24. A book guaranteed to bring you joy
25. A dystopian
26. A New York Times Bestseller*
This is hardly a complete list, but some of the other categories are going to take either some work for me (like a graphic novel) or are really easy and will naturally happen (like a book with a blue cover) or can’t be assigned right now (like first book you see in a bookstore). I’ll update my Goodreads TBR as I go!
God, this is going to be an interesting challenge.
4 thoughts on “I Have Done the Unthinkable (or, My First TBR)”