Okay, so this isn’t so brief, but bear with me here. This is a continuation of a discussion that Michaela and I were having at the end of last week’s livestream on genre hierarchy and literary snobbery. It also dovetails perfectly into all the work I’ve been doing on my most recent thesis chapter. It is by no means as in depth or inclusive or explanatory as I could be, but that kind of thing would also require 17 million videos that are all an hour long. I’ve tried to sum up as much of my research and thoughts as I can, but PLEASE share your own so I can continue this conversation!
Posts mentioned in video (not linked above):
- Review: Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- Thesis Thursday: Babbling About YA Book Cover Trends
- Re-Review: The Falconer by Elizabeth May
- ARC Review: Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- From the Notebook: Where is the YA for Boys?
- Review: The Selection by Kiera Cass
- Review: Rapture by Lauren Kate
- Review: Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton
- Thesis Thursday: Sources Book Haul
- ARC Review: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas